Idioms Gallery
Blog archive at the bottom of the page.

now
Language Gallery by Sharon Hahn Darlin


Jul 24, 2008

乳母日傘 pampered upbringing

乳 (milk) 母 (mother)
日 (sun)
傘 (umbrella)

What else does the little one need?
A nanny. 乳母
A parasol. 日傘

***
I woke before the morning,
I was happy all the day,
I never said an ugly word,
but smiled and stuck to play.


And now at la
st the sun
is going down behind the wood,
And I am very happy,
for I know that I've been good.

My bed is waiting cool and fresh,
with linen smooth and fair,
And I must off to sleep again,
and not forget my prayer.

I know that, till tomorrow
I shall see the sun arise,
No ugly dream shall fright my mind,

no ugly sight my
eyes,
But slumber hold me tightly
till I waken in the dawn,
And hear the thrushes singing
in the lilacs round the lawn.

- Robert Louis Stevenson


No comments:

Post a Comment

by Sharon Hahn Darlin
Go to Sharon Hahn Darlin's profile
Share |